Wednesday, May 27, 2015

artist's retreat has had its first artist staying for a month.........

Since I bought my little house to use as an artist's retreat ( and a  place to rent out  as a "Pisticci Experience")
I have had a lot of guests from all over europe. But this is the first time I have had an artist come for a whole month.
( As the artist was married to a musician....I have been wondering where that could go too-as  there are a lot of musicians here and possible scope to play.......)
However back to art and Pisticci .
I am including part of an email Royane wrote about her experience here.  (  royanemosely.com  )

"I realized within a few weeks how important it is for a creative person to step out of the familiar and into  a different culture, surrounding oneself with the people, the food, the landscape and the light and the rhythm of daily life which is so different than our own. It's like unused circuits in the brain begin to fire.
The retreat has a spiritual quality - I don't mean in a religious way. It just feels good. It feels comfortable and somehow allows one's mind to open to new possibilities in one's chosen art form."

This is pretty much the affect I was hoping for.


Today I am sorting out a few small details and getting  the artist's retreat ready for the summer. I am almost completely booked until October - except for a few days in june and the first 2 weeks in september.
I am hoping for some longer term guests in the autumn and even the winter as there is now a pellet stove which should keep the house warm. ( I provide an electric blanket too.)
You can find me on AIRBNB as "small house in Pisticci"

I bought this little house because I wanted to share the experience/joy/fun/inspiration/love  that I have found here. Hope to see you soon..............






No comments:

Post a Comment