Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A "Blogino"

my nice view today....
I thought it might be fun- at least for me- to write a few words more often ,whenever I feel inspired instead of trying to write something more considered less often. (I procrastinate a lot when I try to write something  that I think should matter.) I thought I would call little bits of stuff "blogini" .

So today I went to pay my water bill....or to be more exact I went to find out why I had not got one. I have put off going for the last three weeks and finally I had no excuses left.
Got on my scooter and set off.
Went into the right building  and knocked confidently on the wrong door. Waited there for 5 mins, then asked someone in another office who directed me to the next door.
A very nice lady then asked what i wanted and directed me back to the office where I had just asked where to go. (not their fault as I was a bit confused.)
So picking my way past an enormous amount of files, boxes etc stacked up and ready to be moved to new offices, I spoke to two very helpful people who knew who I was and had already found me on the computer- or more to the point - not found me on the computer. This is a problem as how can I get a bill when I am not on the computer.
I rummaged in my handbag and found a bill in the previous owner of my house's name .(I have only been there 8 years). I think that was a bad idea as it became more confusing .  And I was in danger of having to go somewhere else and get myself put on the computer again, when I remembered that I had a rather dusty little notice which I had found in the box where the thing is to turn off the water and to my great relief it had my name on it.
This (despite me not appearing on the computer) means that someone somewhere knows who I am and where I live.
Great relief all round. I was told not to worry  I would get my bill eventually.
It took me  5 years to get the previous water bill.............
So, that's me till next year. I have no doubt I will eventually get a bill.....might take a few more visits and I am always worried that I sound like  some mad foreign lady who comes into the office demanding bills to pay.
(My compliments to the staff who work there as they are always polite and friendly and helpful despite my lack of language and complete ignorance of how things are done.)


No comments:

Post a Comment